Pink Smoothie with Beet Sprouts
- 1 SproutPearl sprouter
- 10 g organic Beetroot seeds for Sprouts
- 20 g fresh beetroot
- 1 cup ice cold rice milk
- ½ fresh apple or orange
- 5 fresh apple or orange
- 5 fresh berries
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 20 g crushed ice
- Soak the Beetroot seeds for 8-12 hours. It is important that they are kept under water during the soaking so that they absorb plenty of liquid. Then grow them for 10 days until the sprouts have unfolded their little leaves.
- When you harvest the mature sprouts, carefully pinch the thick seed pods off the sprouts. The seed capsules do not taste good. You therefore only eat the stem and leaves of beetroot sprouts.
- Save a few Beet sprouts and some chopped beetroot to garnish your smoothie.Put all other ingredients in the blender and process until the consistency is as you want it. Remember that the crushed ice will quickly make your smoothie more watery, so start by leaving it quite thick.
- Put the ice in the bottom of the glass and pour the smoothie over. The thick consistency combined with the ice cubes will keep the garnish in place on the surface of your smoothie. I have decorated with a flower and some leaves.