MICROGREEN ALG A MIC FERTILIZER
Microgreen Alg A Mic liquid fertilizer from BioBizz for your tasty, home-grown and nutritious microgreens.
You only need to fertilize your edible micro plants, if you wish to cultivate sprouts for longer than 7 days. This is because sprouts get all their needed nutrients from their own seeds for the first 7 days of growth. But from day 8 and forward, the sprouts need nutrients from their surroundings.
Normally a young plant will get their nutrients from growing in good soil. But if you cultivate aeroponic or hydroponic microgreens – without soil – then the plants need fertilizer via the water every day.
HOW TO USE THE LIQUID MICROGREEN FERTILIZER
Here is how you mix and use the Alg A MIc Microgreen liquid fertilizer:
The fertilizer must first be used for the plants from day 8 of growth.
- From day 8 of your cultivation, mix the fertilizer in the ratio 1: 400 = 2 drops of fertilizer per 100 ml of clean water.
- Pour the mixture into the small transparent fertilizer spray bottle >
- Rinse your microgreen with cool water under a running tap to clean and moisten them every morning or evening.
- Drain the plants by tilting the tray and let excess water drip off.
- Only in the morning, spray the fertilizer mixture on the roots of the plants after the normal rinsing in step 4.
- Place the plant tray in the bottom of the SproutPearl. Place the whole sprouter under the growth light and leave them to grow.
- Repeat this method every morning and evening until you harvest the plants.
- Rinse the harvested plants and rinse them well in a bowl of clean water. Your plants are now ready to be eaten.
Notes for mixing ratio:
The mixing instructions on the bottle say 1:200. But you need to dilute with twice as much water. This is because the fertilizer is developed for adult plants. Microgreens need significantly less fertilizer than mature plants. So mix fertilizer to water in the ratio 1:400. That gives 2 drops of fertilizer to 100 ml water.
STORING THE MIXED ALG A MIC MICROGREEN FERTILIZER
Hygiene is always important, when you cultivate your own sprouts and microgreens. To keep the mixed fertilizer from forming algea and bacteria, I recommend that you:
- Only mix a little fertilizer solution at a time for example in the small spray bottles in the store >
- Keep both the unmixed Herb Fokus fertilizer and the spray bottle with the fertilizer in a dark and slightly cool place.
- Empty the spray bottle and wash it, if you do not use the mixed fertilizer within 2 weeks.
This care for your fertilizer will also ensure a longer shelf life for your product.
As your plants only get a little fertilizer every morning and in addition are rinsed clean of any excess fertilizer in the evening, you do not have to worry about algae forming on your sprouts.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT FERTILIZE MICROGREENS?
Sprouts and microgreens are cultivated from organic seeds. Inside the seeds are nutrients enough to sustain the plants for the first 7 days of growth. So if you grow your sprouts using aeroponic or hydroponic techniques – without soil – and continue to cultivate the sprouts past the first 7 days, then you have to give the plants nutrients via fertilizer.
Without fertilizer, your microgreens would become more and more pale and eventually wither. With the right fertilizer – as Herb Fokus liquid fertilizer for Microgreens – on the other hand, your plants will continue developing the next set of leaves and turn into microgreens.
NUTRIENT-RICH MICROGREEN LIQUID FERTILIZER
This liquid Microgreen Alg A Mic fertilizer from BioBizz contains all 14 vital nutrients for your home-grown microgreens. The fertilizer is created for full-grown herbs, but the composition is also perfect for microgreens of any variety. The only requirement is that you mix the contents of the bottle with more water so that your microgreen is not over-fertilized.
For microgreens, the fertilizer should be mixed 1: 400 with clean water. If you choose to mix the fertilizer in one of the small 100 ml spray bottles here in the shop, it is equivalent to adding 2 drops to the spray bottle and fill it with water to the top. See fertilizer spray bottle >
PLANT-BASED MICROGREEN FERTILIZER
The Microgreen Alg A Mic fertilizer by BioBizz is all plant based. It is created from pure mineral salts enriched with complex plant acids and extracts of seaweed. There are no visible remnants of the plants left in the fertilizer. Also this fertilizer contains no animal substances. It is suitable for organic farming.
AEROPONIC MICROGREENS IN SPROUTERS
Is the concept of aeroponic microgreens new to you? Maybe you have only grown your own sprouts until now. Then here is some great news for you: Sprout cultivation in a sprouter like the SproutPearl sprouter is aeroponic cultivation.
Aeroponic simply means that you let the plants grow without soil or any other substrate or medium for the plant roots to grow in. Just as you know it from the traditional sprouter.
To use your SproutPearl sprouter to cultivate microgreens in stead of sprouts, you only need liguid fertilizer and a good light bulb. Then you are all set to expand your joy of home-grown, edible micro plants.
An extra plus to cultivating your sprouts into the larger microgreens is just that – you get more plant from each seed. Plus microgreen cultivation is fun and no more work than growing sprouts.